Treat your tattoo like an open wound – That is what it is!
No cleansers, makeup, swimming, spas, or direct water on the area until peeling has finished.
INITIAL 12 Hours after tattoo– Wipe over with damp cotton round to remove any lymph fluid!
When washing dab area with water, gently. It is absolutely necessary to keep applying cream to keep the area moist.
You will be supplied with your aftercare cream at your first appointment.
It will be 2-3 weeks before the true colour appears and becomes translucent.
For some clients it is perfect, others it may be too light, or patchy in some areas. If this is happening, you are able to apply colour until your scheduled top up.
- Apply Barrier cream x5 a day for x7 days.. best to always apply before showering. Best to apply a smaller amount often during the day.
- Gently wash every evening to remove build up and any bacteria.
- If the skin is itchy you are not applying enough cream.
- Some people, depending on metabolism will experience more exfoliation than others.
- Exfoliation (peeling) is part of the healing process, do not worry.
- Exfoliation usually takes 4-6 days
- The colour underneath the brows will at this point appear to be much lighter in comparison to the skin which is coming off.
- The eyebrows will take 7-10 days to fully appear after the peeling has finished. At this point the colour will be lighter and more natural in appearance.
- Sunscreen is advised to protect the brows from fading.