Is often ignored but totally necessary, self-care is any action or behavior that helps a person avoid health problems.
Self-care also helps us sharpen our mental and physical health through better self-esteem, stress management, and overall well-being. These actions or behaviors help provide balance in an increasingly overstimulating world. Self-care forms an essential part of a lifestyle that keeps us healthy, happy, and more in tune with our minds and bodies
Here are some of our suggestions:
- Take a bath
- Do a face mask
- Do your nails
- Put your fav music on and turn it up loud
- Wash and style your hair
- Do a body scrub
- Burn incense
- Take some deep breath’s
- Massage in a luxurious body lotion
- Cook a healthy meal
- Journal your thoughts
- Learn something new
- Listen to a podcast
- Meditate (love bloom app)
- Walk the block
Isolation Part 1. Cleansers & Exfoliation
Covid-19 Clinic Safety Standards
Luna Skin & Brow Bar have always held a high standard of hygiene. As a cosmetic tattoo artist Sam (owner/operator) is trained under skin penetration guidelines and has always used PPE personal protective equipment for these treatments. Moving forward with our reopening on June 1st we will be doing the following to ensure excellent clinic hygiene
- Clients are asked to wash their hands in our bathroom preferably or use hand sanitiser station provided before entering LUNA
- For all treatments (ex. Skin & Relax) gloves will be worn
- Disposable bed protectors are used for all treatments
- Therapists will wear masks and disposable aprons throughout treatments
- Appointment times are staggered with limited people being inside the salon at one time
- Covid-19 Cleaning service has been added on to every booking to ensure there is adequate time to sterilize all benches, Ipad for forms, and all equipment used
- Sterilizer machine is used for tweezers and scissors after every client
- All staff have completed the government safety checklist
- We ask for clients to please come to their scheduled appointments alone
- Recording all clients personal details as per government regulations
- Asking all clients to ensure their Covid SAFE app is active
- Asking all clients to arrive at the time of their appointment and if early to wait in their car to minimise number of people in salon
We look forward to seeing you in clinic when we are allowed to re-open. If you have any questions or concerns please don’t hesitate to contact the salon.
Good Fats vs Bad Fats
Diet can be confusing we are constantly trying to avoid fats, but we have to keep in mind we shouldn’t be avoiding ALL fats. Knowing the difference can help you determine which fats to avoid and which to eat in moderation.
GOOD fats are essential to your diet as protein and carbs are in fuelling our body with energy. Did you know that some vitamins require fat in order to dissolve into your bloodstream and provide nutrients?
Your skin cells also rely on good fats as they are the building blocks of the cells membranes. Omega-6 Fatty Acids help prevent skin dryness and maintain healthy and hydrated skin. Omega-3 Fatty Acids nourish your skin, and are important for radiance and softness.
In your diet you should avoid saturated and trans fat these two have both been identified as potentially harmful to our health. Most of the foods that contain these types of fats are solid at room temperature. Such as Butter, Margarine, Beef or Pork Fat. Trans Fats are the worst fats for you you can find in Fried foods, Margarine, Cookies, Cakes, Pastries + Processed foods.
Medical professionals consider monounsaturated fat and polyunsaturated fats more ‘heart-healthy’ fats . And a certain type of this fat is Omega-3 + Omega-6 these are found in Nuts, Vegetable oils, Peanut butter, Avocados, Salmon & other Fatty fish.
Don’t like most of the foods containing those healthy fats or eating enough of them to receive the benefits? Consider taking a supplement daily like OCosmedics EFA’s max complex with natural essential fatty acids such as Omega 3,6 & 9 and GLA to support healthy skin and hair.
BeforeYouSpeak Coffee & Creamers are also both infused with superfoods to reap the benefits of all these extra-good-for-us healthy fats!